A few years ago, it was quite common for cell phone thieves to return the chip to their victims, as it was of little use to them; However, this changed with the advent of smartphones. Criminals are no longer satisfied with your snatch smart foneThey are yours too. want to enter Application Finance and empty your bank accounts.
The best way to prevent this from happening is to be informed. The first thing you should do when a thief steals your cell phone is to call your operator and ask them to block your line. You can also request that your device be locked using the IMEI number you find on the device’s box or by pressing the combination *#06#.
Some criminals manage to reactivate their victims’ lines. For this reason, it is recommended that you enter a password on your SIM card. That way, if the thief tries to use the chip on another phone, they won’t be able to do so, as they’ll need a security key that only you will know.
In some cases, SIM cards may come with a default key that the user is not aware of. As detailed by the National Police of Peru, these four digits vary according to the operator you choose. For example, for Movistar and Entel users it is 1234, for Claro it is 1111 and for Bitel it is 0000.
How to set password on your SIM card on Android?
- Go to your Android’s Settings
- Enter the option ‘Password and Security’ and then ‘System Security’
- Find the option ‘SIM card lock’ and activate it
- Select the four digit combination and save it.
How to set password on your SIM card on iPhone?
- View ‘Cellular Data’ in iPhone Settings
- Press the ‘SIM PIN’ option and activate it
- Finally, enter the password and never forget it
Additionally, you will have to visit the nearest police station or call 9424-40729 to lodge a related complaint. If you cannot for any reason, you should know that you can do so through its website (www.policia.gob.pe); All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Go to Digital Police Services and select Digital Police Report
- Select the new process and accept the terms and conditions
- Enter your personal information and give details of the date, time and place where your cell phone was stolen
- You also have to find the place on the map where the robbery took place.
- You will also be asked to enter the Brand, Model, Operator, IMEI Number among other data.
- Finally, you can download and print your complaint.
You can also know its location
You may not know it, but the device Android And iOS has a mechanism that allows them to know their exact location, if the thief hasn’t locked them up. This tool not only allows you to know where your smartphone is, but you can also ring it or reset it to factory mode so they don’t see your personal information.
Android users just have to ‘type’find my google device‘ from any computer and enter the first result. You will need to log in and select the computer you want to locate. It’s something like this for iPhones, you have to write ‘Find My iPhone from iCloud‘, enter your Apple ID account and you’re done.