Transfer Talk: Milan hatch plan to sign Madrid starlet Güler


We still have some time before the summer transfer window reopens in Europe, but there are plenty of moves in the works and gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!

TOP STORY: Milan map out plan to land Güler

AC Milan will make an attempt to bring in Real Madrid attacking midfielder Arda Güler on loan during the summer, according to Calciomercato.

Los Blancos signed the 19-year-old from Fenerbahçe for €15 million last summer, but he has so far played just 93 minutes in all competitions this term, with injuries playing their part in that small tally. Güler, however, still had a moment to savour on Sunday, rounding off the scoring in a 4-0 victory over Celta Vigo despite coming on as a substitute in the latter stages of the match.

Speaking after the game, Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti said: “He is a great talent, he worked a lot, with more intensity. Obviously, he will have a future here at Real Madrid because he is a great talent.”

However, there is a feeling that Güler’s opportunities for Los Blancos will not come next year due to the level of competition in the squad, especially with Brazilian wonderkid Endrick joining from Palmeiras, and the potential arrival of Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappé.

With the above in mind, Milan are returning in their efforts to bring in the Turkey international after being beaten to his signature by Madrid last year. Milan will look to use their positive relationship with the Madrid board to sign Güler on loan after the success of Brahim Díaz‘s three-year loan stint at the San Siro

The Rossoneri are also hoping to include a buyout clause in Güler’s proposed loan and will hope to persuade the youngster to join them permanently once he gets integrated into the Milan setup.

– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)

PAPER GOSSIP

– Bayer Leverkusen, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund have all enquired about VfB Stuttgart winger Chris Führich, says Florian Plettenberg. Fuhrich has been in fine form this season and reportedly has a release clause that is worth around €20m.

– Napoli are ready to make a move for Bologna midfielder Lewis Ferguson to replace Piotr Zielinski when the Poland international leaves as a free agent in the summer, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport. Gli Azzurri are not deterred by the fact that it will take at least €25m to sign the 24-year-old, although they will face competition from Juventus.

– Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City and Newcastle United are keen on a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Pedro Neto, according to Football Insider. Wolves are unlikely to stand in the 24-year-old’s way if their valuation of £50m-£60m is met.

– Rayo Vallecano youth player Marcos Parriego appears set to join Barcelona, reports Relevo. Real Madrid and Manchester City have both made attempts to sign the 18-year-old, but Parriego reportedly prefers Barca due to their economic offer and sporting project — with the likes of Lamine Yamal, Pau Cubarsí, Alejandro Balde and Gavi proving that there is a route to the first team.

Teun Koopmeiners‘ display against Juventus on Sunday could help Bianconeri sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli get the green light to bring the Atalanta midfielder to the Allianz Stadium. La Gazzetta dello Sport says that the 26-year-old hugely impressed the Juve brass after scoring a brace as La Dea held the hosts to a 2-2 draw.



Leave a Comment