This month we are making a delicious banana bread! Made with 3 super ripe bananas this incredible chocolate banana bread it’s so moist and fluffy and chocolatey.
What is the Fit Foodie Cooking Club?
The Fit Foodie Cooking Club is a monthly cooking challenge for you to cook from scratch.
We thought there was no better way to bring our virtual community together than to make everyone the same recipe every month to celebrate real food.
February 2022 – The Details
Read the details below VERY carefully as we want to make sure your entry counts! If you have questions, leave them in the comments of this post.
Recipe of the Month
Are you ready for the most delicious chocolate banana bread you’ve ever tasted? This month we are doing our Amazing Chocolate Banana Bread – it’s so chocolaty and moist and tastes like dessert.
why you’ll love this recipe
whole grains: this chocolate banana bread is made with white whole wheat flour instead of refined flour.
3 bananas: We’re not skimping on the banana flavor in this recipe!
Chocolate bars x 2: Not only does this recipe call for cocoa powder, but we use chocolate chips too!
All About Chocolate Banana Bread
This Chocolate Banana Bread continues to get 5 star review after 5 star review! It’s chocolatey, fluffy, and made with whole ingredients!
Similar to our other banana bread recipes on Fit Foodie Finds, this chocolate banana bread is made with white whole wheat flour and coconut oil.
Ingredients you will need
- eggs– We haven’t tried this recipe, without eggs, but you can always try sub 2 flax eggs.
- Banana’s mashedBananas: The riper the bananas you use, the sweeter your chocolate banana bread will be.
- almond milk– We love the nutty flavor of almond milk, but you can use any type of milk.
- vanilla: we use 2 full teaspoons in this recipe and I love the flavor it adds.
- coconut oil: Coconut oil is a great substitute for vegetable oil, but you can always switch if you don’t have coconut oil on hand!
- white whole wheat: this is our absolute favorite flour for making any type of bread. We haven’t tested this recipe with anything else, but I’m sure you could substitute all-purpose flour or an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend.
- brown sugar: A little brown sugar goes a long way! Classic banana bread calls for brown sugar and that is why we kept it in this recipe. If you’re looking for a substitution, I’d use coconut sugar or another granulated sugar.
- cocoa powder: since this is CHOCOLATE banana bread, the cocoa powder is essential! Be sure to look for unsweetened cocoa powder for the best results.
- Chocolate chips: Don’t skimp on the chocolate chips…it’s a rule of thumb when making banana bread. Just trust me.
Tools you will need
- bananas matter: The riper the banana, the sweeter. They are also easier to mash. One thing we’ve learned is that if you don’t mash bananas hard enough they will sink to the bottom, so make sure you get in there and mash them well.
- The pan you use matters too! There is no wrong answer, but if you use a metal loaf pan, it distributes the heat more evenly, where there is more chance of uneven cooking in a ceramic pan.
- Add the coconut oil last.: Be sure to add the coconut oil last so it doesn’t harden when mixed with the other cold, wet ingredients.
- Don’t overcook: Make sure to keep an eye on the center of your bread. If you overcook the bread, it will end up tough and crumbly.
make muffins instead!
Would you rather make chocolate banana muffins instead? Here are some easy instructions on how to use this batter to make muffins instead of bread.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spray with cooking spray.
- Make the dough as directed on the recipe card.
- Fill each muffin well, about 3/4 full. You should get about 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 18-23 minutes or until the centers are fully cooked.
How to enter
Now that you know how to make the recipe, it’s time to submit your creation!
- Go to the Amazing Chocolate Banana Bread blog post.
- Make the recipe and take a picture of it.
- Leave a comment about it Amazing Chocolate Banana Bread blog post with a photo of your creation so people know what it was like. We would love a star rating, but it is not required. Be sure to leave your name and email in the comment form because that’s how we’ll contact the winners!
Join the Fit Gourmet Cooking Club on Facebook!
Join the Fit Foodie fun on Facebook and become a member of our FREE Facebook Group. The Fit Foodie Cooking Club group on Facebook is a way to share your culinary creations and make new like-minded friends online.
Thursday, February 3, 2022 – the first day you are eligible to submit an entry.
Tuesday, February 22, 2022 – the last day to submit your photo and comment.
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 – Winners will be randomly selected and announced in this blog post and on social media.
2 participants will each win a $100 Target gift card. The selection will be random and based on the comments received between February 3 and 22, 2022.
Winners will be announced on the last Wednesday of the month (February 23, 2022) via social media and a blog post.
charity of the month
ALLIANCE FOR OVARIAN CANCER RESEARCH
OCRA not only helps fund ovarian cancer research, but also acts as a voice for the ovarian cancer community advocating for patients. They also support patients and families going through this horrible disease.
We specifically chose this alliance for ovarian cancer research in honor of Lee’s mother-in-law, who is an ovarian cancer fighter and survivor.
We would love for you to support our monthly charity and donate what you can.
If you feel so inclined donate to the Alliance for Ovarian Cancer Research HERE.